Questioning what common babysitting charges are in 2021?
Yearly, UrbanSitter calculates common charges throughout the nation from the tens of 1000’s of babysitting jobs booked on its website and app. Whereas sitters usually base their charges on baby care expertise, job duties and the native price of dwelling, these averages may also help set a baseline while you’re hiring a babysitter or nanny or while you’re deciding how a lot to cost for babysitting. The chart beneath exhibits the nationwide common is $18.36/hour for 1 baby and $21.23/hour for two kids. Discover your particular metropolis’s charge now:
Babysitting Charges 2021
|Space/U.S. Metropolis||Hourly Charge for 1 Youngster||Hourly Charge for two Youngsters|
|Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX||$13.72||$16.50|
|Las Vegas, NV||$12.53||$17.18|
|Los Angeles, CA||$18.26||$24.80|
|New York City, NY||$18.94||$22.13|
|San Antonio, TX||$12.54||$13.55|
|San Diego, CA||$16.02||$19.60|
|San Francisco, CA||$21.17||$23.56|
What do you have to think about when figuring out how a lot to pay a babysitter?
- Begin with the typical charge in your metropolis, then think about your particular neighborhood – are you conveniently positioned within the metropolis heart or in a suburb? As an illustration, should you reside close to a college the place many babysitters reside, babysitting charges will in all probability be far more inexpensive than a distant suburb that requires a protracted commute for sitters.
- Job duties.
- First, think about what number of kids will the babysitter be caring for. Charges received’t double or triple, however they’ll enhance a greenback or two with every extra baby.
- Subsequent, ask your self if there are extra duties reminiscent of driving, homework assist, meal preparation, laundry, cleansing or strolling the household canine. You’ll be able to anticipate to pay extra for these additions.
- Expertise and expertise.
- Skilled sitters will definitely cost greater than a highschool sitter. Sitters with specialised certifications and Early Childhood Schooling levels will command a better charge.
- You’ll be able to usually get a really feel for the sitter’s expertise by asking about what number of years they’ve been babysitting and what age teams they’ve labored with (new child, toddler, toddler, preschooler, grade schooler, and so forth).
- Some sitters anticipate mother and father to cowl their price of transportation to and from the job — both by reimbursing them for mileage or funding a subway or bus card.
- In case your baby must be pushed by the sitter (both of their automobile or yours), then think about a fuel bank card particularly for the sitter’s use.
- Further bills.
- Apart from transportation, the sitter might have extra bills whereas on the job together with meals, babysitting provides, and youngsters’s exercise prices. Determine what you’ll cowl, then issue this in when figuring out your total baby care funds.
- Particular wants.
- If in case you have a toddler with a incapacity, you also needs to anticipate to pay a better babysitting charge for somebody with certified expertise.
Historic Babysitting Charges
Interested by how babysitting charges have modified over time? See our earlier research from 2012-2020:
Babysitting charges 2020
Babysitting charges 2019
Babysitting charges 2018
Babysitting charges 2017
Babysitting charges 2016
Babysitting charges 2015
Babysitting charges 2014
Babysitting charges 2013
Babysitting charges 2012