“Cisco in Healthcare? Don’t you simply promote switches and routers?” Once I discuss to clinicians, that is typically a query they ask. And we welcome the dialog as a result of it means we will cease speaking bits, bytes, speeds and feeds and actually dive into how know-how is reworking affected person care. We are able to speak about how Webex, voice, video, contact middle, wi-fi and mobility applied sciences have remodeled each clinician’s expertise. We are able to speak about how Cisco has all the time invested in healthcare innovation and the way we doubled down during the last 12 months – particularly in digital care – to assist our clients get by way of tough occasions. And it begins to make sense that in as we speak’s always related world, healthcare doesn’t occur with out Cisco reworking the expertise for clinicians and sufferers alike.
For a few years, Cisco innovation has been foundational to the expansion of the telehealth trade, and we’re excited to announce the subsequent era of digital care with our official launch of the Webex Telehealth Connector for Epic. Sufferers and clinicians can now launch Webex digital care periods straight from inside EPIC workflows with out downloading any software program.
The simplest telehealth possibility for many healthcare suppliers and sufferers is a safe, webRTC expertise just like the one delivered by Cisco’s Webex Telehealth Connector for Epic. Once I take a look at the longer term, sufferers received’t be pressured to obtain a brand new app or create a username and password simply to satisfy with their physician. A no-download expertise could even be extra necessary for nations which might be earlier within the telehealth adoption curve as rules on digital care are quickly evolving throughout the globe
What’s at stake?
COVID-19 prompted governments worldwide to temporarily relax regulatory enforcement of telehealth software safety necessities, permitting healthcare suppliers to rapidly get again to work. Whereas that was mandatory within the short-term, it turned clear that healthcare programs have too many siloed telehealth choices as we speak. And plenty of of them will not be built-in, not scalable and never safe. Healthcare system CIOs inform us one in every of their highest priorities is to ascertain an enterprise telehealth normal that’s built-in into the present workflow AND can scale securely.
For telehealth to be sustainable post-pandemic, it has to higher than it’s as we speak. Listed here are 5 keys for sustainable digital care adoption globally;
- Easy to help. Leverage know-how IT is aware of and that your CISO helps, like Webex.
- Simple to attach. Nearly each browser and smartphone as we speak help an app-less expertise by way of webRTC. Sufferers are saying no to new app downloads and new passwords
- Safety built-in. Safety can’t be an afterthought when delivering telehealth at scale. We designed our resolution to leverage the HITRUST licensed Webex Groups platform and meet ISO 27001, 27017, 27018 requirements
- Dependable platform. Clinicians have to be assured it’s going to work each time. And IT wants real-time visibility into connection points and go to telemetry that may assist them decrease frustrations for each suppliers and sufferers. Cisco Webex Management Hub delivers connection knowledge essential to maximise uptime.
- Built-in into current workflows. Suppliers and clinicians need a course of they know and belief for affected person care with out leaping by way of know-how hoops. We built-in Cisco Webex with Epic by way of the Epic App Orchard APIs for a simple expertise from begin to end.
What’s subsequent in digital care?
Whereas nobody is aware of for positive, it’s probably that privateness and safety necessities by governments and healthcare authorities worldwide won’t solely return to prior-pandemic rules however are prone to enhance in complexity because the variety of digital visits explode. When you think about the brand new rule on data blocking, the extent of complexity in healthcare infrastructure doubles once more. We hear from IT leaders on daily basis that they need to simplify the variety of programs they help. That’s why Cisco doubled down on Webex and healthcare innovation. The Epic integration is the primary launch of many options from Cisco.
Study extra about telehealth and collaboration from Cisco and keep related to all healthcare subjects and thought-leadership with our #HealthcareNow weblog sequence.