points - Details)
- Objectives and Key Terms open each chapter.
- Learning exercises include true/false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and short-answer questions at the end of each chapter, with answers at the end of the book.
- Did You Know? boxes offer interesting tidbits of historical or current pharmacology information, connecting the book’s drug content to everyday situations.
- Clinical Alert icons point out possible adverse reactions and toxic effects.
- Discussion of pharmacodynamics and drug classifications focuses on radiopaque contrast media used in imaging procedures, using clearly written text and useful tables.
- Pharmacokinetics coverage describes how drugs are absorbed, metabolized, distributed, and eliminated.
- Complete coverage of emergency procedures in response to adverse reactions to contrast media includes crash cart procedures and drugs used to treat cardiac and/or respiratory arrest and how to administer them appropriately.
- Updates on all contrast agents.
- New information on the use of contrast agents in ultrasound.
- New Drug Classifications chapter.
- New chapter on drug-related emergencies includes case studies.
- Evolve Resources for instructors include a 220-question test bank and an electronic image collection.